Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Lost Blog

“Do you ever get sad?”

“Of course I do. I’m Vegan.”

“What do you do when you’re sad?”

He’s silent for a moment. His eyes look up to the low ceiling of our recently built fort made up of leopard sheets and glittery scarves. He grins half way and hides his face in one of the pillows.

“What are you smiling about?”

“I was afraid you were going to ask me that.”

I almost didn’t catch what he said because his voice was muffled. It gave ‘pillow talk’ a whole new meaning…

“Well?”
(I’m a Leo with a Scorpio rising. We do not give up that easily.)

“Little white bunnies and pink tutus.”

“What?”

He’s laughing and looks up at me with a huge grin.

“Seriously?”

He nods his head vigorously.

“Are the bunnies wearing the tutus?”

“See why I was afraid you were going to ask?”

I share my list with him. Spicy garlic tofu, half noodle, half rice. Butterflies. Scotland. Chocolate. My friends…

We laugh for the millionth time that night. However, I’m not quite done with my interrogation.

“Do you ever feel discouraged and start to question everything? Like you can’t go on?”

“Of course.”

“What do you do then?”

“I go to the Farm Sanctuary. I look at all the animals and they help remind me of why I do what I do.”

The morning comes too quickly as the sunlight breaks through the blinds….but that’s what happens when you share secrets in the Vortex….time ceases to exist and…you don’t want to leave…but you know you have to…….and when you do……………….
.it’s bittersweet…

* * * * * * * * * * * *

No comments: