Monday, July 19, 2010

A Priceless Piece

Journal entry dated May 26th, 2010

He stepped in with pink squares printed on his shoes. He had to be reminded again to take them off. The burgundy nectar he had been sipping on stained his teeth and the inside of his bottom lip was a twinge darker then the upper portion. His smile appeared sinister and sweet.

He loomed over everything it seemed and the archway barely fit his towering frame.

He also took the liberty of giving himself a tour of the apartment, heading straight to the bedroom..ending up...here. All of a sudden, he had the urge to paint on my wall, the space directly above the pseudo-fireplace. In a pleasantly surprised awe of his audacity at such a request, I willingly stepped out of his way...going into the kitchen to make some tea and I came back to the sight of him taking things down ssssssslowlllllyyyyyy with the exception of the red painting which he apparently yanked off the wall.

scritch scritch scrape scrape giggle giggle

He took the entire wall and lapsed over onto the adjacent wall as well. I offered him tea. He requested wine. I told him there was none. Had to mention 'straight-edge' a few times. Then, he asked for rum which I surprisingly stock; for baking purposes. I offered the rum or the tea and he chose both, drinking them one after the other.

I took up a corner and watched with a bemused look on my face.

The curvature of the hips he did first. Then, the back.... slowly adding thighs, legs, the neck, etc. The head, a chaos of squiggle lines and swirls, made it's way to the top portion of the neck. The woman, in her unintentional seduction, had no face, no name, no identity.

As he waved his hand in a visual symphony, I took up my pen and journal attempting to capture this unexpected scene.

Words became my............ paint,
the blank pages....................... my canvas.

No comments: