Sunday, July 18, 2010

Underground No More...

I hadn't realized that it's been a few months since my last blog. My apologies. Things have been very different for me these past couple of months. Job ended in May. Groovephest happened that last day...which brought a whole new branch into my life. Boyfriend/lover arrived. Then, left on tour. Then, came back. Then, craziness. Then, break...down.....
What can I say but I learned a great deal. And in between that, new writing pieces, new ideas for paintings (even started sketching), shaman workshop, munay-ki re-emergence which is most welcome, heartache and tears, laughter and a realization that I'm a promiscuous individual when it comes to my spiritual practices. Or maybe it just sounds more intriguing when put in that fashion. It thoroughly amuses me. A more PG version would be that I would have all the great spiritual influences of the past, present and future at my dinner table. Can you imagine the conversations? Not too mention the plethora of food...and I wonder if I could get away with the dinner being completely vegan...I mean Buddha wouldn't have a problem with it but Jesus may want tri-tip...you just never know...
I'm currently trying to not analyze and reflect. I went walking on the beach with my friend, her aunt and a couple of dogs. I found two rocks shaped like hearts. I got melancholy for a bit and then by the end, I was hopping on fading footprints. The ocean has that effect on me.
The previous day, I was on a boat at a lake. Lake Nacimiento to be exact. I think it was 107 degrees. Hummus, veggies, frozen water bottles, chips & salsa, frozen guacamole that tasted surprisingly good when thawed out and gluten-free, vegan chocolate chip cookies were my main source of sustenance for that day. The group I was with were sweet, kind and refreshing. It was just too damn hot to think....but even then, I found myself retreating back into the caverns in my mind....and I would have to stare off into the distance, concentrate on the water or do a chant and I would alleviate my over-worked mind temporarily...
..........................but enough chatter for now......................I'll be posting some stories in a bit......................................................................be well......................-A

No comments: