Sunday, February 10, 2013

Dance. Rise. Stand.


This coming Valentine's Day means something so different for me that I am at a loss of words to describe how I feel.

Walk, Dance, Rise
Walk, Dance, Rise

One Billion Rising rapidly approaches.  On Saturday, I left the dance rehearsal at the Bell Arts Factory with a glowing spirit and a deeper respect for choreographers and professional dancers alike.  Learning a dance routine is not as easy as it looks on all the video postings and the song lyrics didn't really hit home for me until now.

1:56 am
I've listened to the song a few times and read the lyrics.  Then, re-read the lyrics in its entirety and realized what a powerful song it is, not just lyrically but musically as well.

Dancing for my sisters. Dancing for my brothers.
Dancing for the dreams that were crushed with bruises and screeches.
Dancing for survivors.  Dancing out the pain.
Dancing for the ones we lost, they didn't die in vain.
Dancing for each other. Dancing for closed eyes.
Dancing and we won't stop. Together We Will Rise...





One Billion Rising....

http://onebillionrising.org/blog/we-have-an-anthem

No comments: