Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Greeeeeen Smoothie


They say that Green is associated with Envy. In this particular case, I'd like to say that instead of being 'Green with Envy' let's just say I'm Green with iron, protein, potassium and a whole lotta sweetness!
To offset some of the bitter taste from the kale, I added a tad bit of coconut sugar and maybe a 1/4 cup of Rice Dream ice cream. It actually was too sweet so next time I'll nix the coconut sugar. It was thick, creamy and oh so good!

Here's the official recipe:
3/4 cup spinach
1 1/2 cups of kale (I used two kinds)
1 lg banana
2 tbl sp avocado
3 tbl sp hemp seeds
3 tbl sp Nutiva's Hemp Vanilla Shake powder
1/4 cup of Rice Dream Ice Cream
1 tbl sp coconut sugar
1/4-1/2 cup of hemp milk
1/4-1/2 cup of rice milk
(liquid as needed for preference on thickness)

*All ingredients certified Organic :0)
Enjoy!

Athena
<3>

No comments: