Monday, August 22, 2011

3.5 Decades Later...

I am 3 and a half decades older. When summarized into that context, it's somewhat daunting but amusing still for some strange apparent reason. This picture was taken at Mary's Secret Garden, the vegan restaurant located in my home city of Ventura, Ca. My friends Joel and Sabine drove from SB to have a post Leo birthday dinner celebration. The food, as always, was delicious and Mary surprised us with a complimentary dessert pictured above. Beautiful and blissful. Just like my Life. The only regret I have was not communing with Nature on my actual birthday which is August 13th. Next year, I vow, I will not be making that mistake again. Even if it means spending it alone. Which, I'm sure for some, sounds cumbersome and unnecessary. For me, listening to my intuition is Key. Compromising and/or sacrificing my innate happiness for attachments to previous celebratory routines, I have found, to be riddled with strife, loneliness and overall unhappiness. And please, dear readers, do not be confused with a false sense of unappreciation. It is through these experiences that I have come to this awakened clarity of traditions revolving around my birth. Rest assured, my goal is to make the most of what has been given and thus far...I have rarely been disappointed. In my Life that is. Disappointments, I have perceived, are expectations not communicated nor met and not in alignment with the Unconditional and the Now. And that, my Beloveds, is for another time.... <3

No comments: